Music Schedule for your student:
- PreK - 4th grade--- meets for 30 minutes, twice a week
- 5th Grade Music -- meets First Semester, twice a week for 42 minute periods/ this grade are also the feature actors in the Christmas Play every December.
- 6th-8th Gr. Music Elective --meets Second Semester, twice a week, 42 minute periods
Performing Ensembles: (See Performance Schedule Tab)
- String Ensemble -- students (1st-8thgrade) begin private lessons with our violin and cello instructors. When they are ready, student graduate to the Costa String ensemble, which rehearses after school on Wednesdays.
- Jubilee Choir - students (1st-4th grade) practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, during recess for 30 minutes each day
- Singing Friars - students, 5th-8th grade, practice on Mondays, from 2:30-3:30.
- Cadet Band - Beginning Band students in 4th grade meets 2-3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, during recess for 30 minutes each day
- Symphonic Band - Advanced Band students in 5th-8th grade meets 3 times per week, for 42 minute periods, on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. An optional after-school practice is offered on Tuesdays, from 2:30-3:30, for additional and more individualized instruction.
Illinois Grade School Music Association Member: Costa students participate in Solo & Ensemble Contest and Organizational Contest in our IGSMA region 2.